Sunday, October 9, 2011

Learning

Wow I must say it is harder than I thought to write something on this blog every day for a whole month. There are some topics that I would like to explore but they require some time to think about and write and time seems to be in short supply these days.

So for tonight I will simply assure you that both boys continue to do really well. Donovan entertained us tonight by counting by tens all the way to 700. Then he got bored and told us that he would finish later. Donovan has also been counting by twos and threes so we are thinking they must be doing a lot of this type of pattern stuff in school - glad he likes it so well! I am intending to work more with Malcolm to learn his shapes. He can match pictures of different shapes quite well and I'm thinking he is starting to recognize shapes more generally. He is able to identify many different animals in different contexts so am sure if I can make shapes fun (ideas?!) it won't take him long...

Mary Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment